ICOK - Modern Lolfare ICOK - Modern Lolfare

Truth

It was an Ok flash with a good concept. Nothing too amazing but good all around. Good voice, decent art, animation little lacking, decent premise.

However what broke me out ofcasually nodding my head in agreement was "No...GTFO my server"...bout pissed myself.

MW2 is such a shitty FPS. lol

Hyperboy: Episode 5 Hyperboy: Episode 5

Pretty good

Msuic's killing it though. (I hear the FL Slayer!)

Street Fighter Collab Street Fighter Collab

Very Dissappointing

Think the best metaphor for this was the Asia...as in the band Asia. You gather top names of newgrounds on a huge collab and we expect something amazing. And like Asia...you all just couldn't seem to make anything decent despite all your talent.

Most were very well drawn/animated/or well stylized (few exceptions...you know who you are). But the main issue is VERY little was amusing in the writing. I know some thing were entertaining her a and there but the fact i can reference them immediately after watching it is bad. Some had potential but the execution was so poor it killed it.

I'm only giving this a 5 simply because most of the art work was outstanding, but really I know your guys's work, this is horrible. Even egoraptor barely amused me and I'm a major fan of the awesome series (like who isn't?!?).

And the last one...I mean I'm all for gross out and terrible sex acts and hell random humor. And I'm not saying it was too far...gross but...i think thats the intention...however there was nothing really entertaining about it. And there was a lot you could've done with all that and made it funny. Have bison attempt to turn it off by the comp breaks and vega start freaking out then. She gives Guile the warning and guile freaks and tries to escape but she wotn let him...plenty of ideass of how you could've used all that gross out and sexually perverse stuff in funny ways...but it was just bad. It was REALLY fucking bad.

I'm soo dissappointed in you very talented people.

If you seek... If you seek...

Rather hard to rate.

Well I feel a 6 is deserved but it definitely goes in my potential category in some aspects.

Art. You had a narrow time frame and I FULLY understand that. So while the animation was very rough and the girl was the only real person with a great render, you can still see the potential for that to be fixed with time. You have a good start and I think you know it.

Now story. I'm all for vague and thought provoking, but in the end I found it rather dull still. There's no build up really to either character, a moral, a narative to scenario, anything. Really no matter how much i try to look at it in other ways, nothing interesting occurred and I didn't feel any deep meaning underneathe it all.

So while this artistically had potential I feel the story needs a LOT of work and I have to give this a 6 based on the render.

$00pah NiN10Doh! $00pah NiN10Doh!

Easily best colab hands down

I'm always ready for disappointment with collabs, but this was emaculate.

Voice acting was varied, but none of it was bad. average to great with all artists.
Animations were and drawings were all great. Wasn't crazy about the Wario skit though.

I'm also a person who severely dislikes furries and somehow, someway I found that to be the goddamn funniest part.

This collab goes far beyond the average bar for a decent submission and is easily the best collab without any competition. Great job.

FC Tells Da Truth FC Tells Da Truth

Good art, bad content.

You can draw fairly well and your animations are fairly decent (spare the text effects), but the story itself is crap. I don't just mean "ew, look it's glitchy!" or "hey, leave xmas alone!"...I mean, it just didn't sell.

You may just want to have someone else come up with the ideas and storyboarding and just stick to your Wacom Tablet. There's plenty to be done with your intended concept, but the render here is pretty bad for all the work invested.

MK vs. SF -VG Exiles Ep.1 MK vs. SF -VG Exiles Ep.1

Good fight choreography everything else lacking.

I found my self not liking the drawings at all and the sotry forced me to space through the entire thing with stopping in between to see if the dialogue got any better...it didn't. I can't give it a fair blow by blow of it, but the fact that it was unlikable enough to not warrant further reading is a very bad thing. Many of the lines were straight out of badly written fanfic. Sorry :(

The still drawings also didn't work for me. Didn't like the fact that there was no animation and diversity, and generally they style is just all over the place with the stills being vastly under the quality of the avatar pop ups and then the sprites adding another mix. If your gonna works with stills, at least do the anime z camera effect where you pan different depths of the image at different speeds to imply direction and movement.

However, for all that was wrong. I did find the fight sequence to be by far the most entertaining to ever watch with a sprite movie. Had you just had that and that alone I would've given you a higher rating, but the other stuff was so bad it deters greatly from it.

Link and Navi Link and Navi

The jokes don't work :(

I hate to say, but this is vastly overrated, and I dare say it's a victim of Fanboys with keyboards. But, lets throw some constructive criticism on this.

First off the voice acting and sound in general was very poor or constantly changing in quality, with only links voice and a few music samples really doing justice. Navi's voice in particular was badly acted and any jokes she could've sold me were lost in poor execution and vocal pacing. I suggest tweeking some of the sounds to match their location (EX: making his voice sound like it's in the cabin from afar when he gets the shield). And completely redo the Navi mod.

The jokes, none of the written jokes were funny unfortunately, either the idea was poor or it was poorly executed. Navi waking him up can being annoying could've been much funnier had she been more hyperactive and faster spoken. It's usually the pacing that's killing you. Either the jokes are too slowly shot out or lack the proper time in which to be said. EX: look at an egoraptor cartoon then a knock off and see why egoraptor is funnier mainly do to his pacing (which is emaculate), despite whether the joke is better or not.

Theres unfortunately not a lot to like in this. It recaps basic zelda knowledge has soem mildly amusing parallels of it and cliché video game reference. The only real redeeming factor is your link. I did like his idiosyncratic behavior. It's not perfect but it's your gem in this mound you need to work with for your sequal.

Improve the navi and deeply focus on vocal pacing. The slow drull of the voice actign killed most of the jokes flat. The animation and art could also use some work.

Sorry for the harsh review, but i did like Link and you should work on him for your next.

The Art Show The Art Show

Needs a lot of improvement

The art is decent, I like the coloring and the character design. Your three MAJOR issues is pacing, animation, and story.

First off, it's very boring to watch. The character repeatedly over gestures in place at every given opportunity, dragging each part out far more than it needs to. Drop all the unnecessary pauses with shrugs and eye shifting. Speed thigns up and have them make sense. people do not act like that. They multitask...which segways to the next issue.

Get some secondary motion in there. You also animate a lot of single actions: walking, shrugging, looking, etc... but you never combine them. Have him walk around while lookin back and forth and maybe sigh in dismay. Have the character act realistically.

Story...what i gather is the character is trying to show artwork and not getting the results he wants from a a crowd off screen. I assume... Have the story be more clear. Even if it's nonsensical, still give a direction. Find some way to narrate the occurrences taking place.

LiLg responds:

See. Here's the thing. That happened in the actual gallery with people walking around and junk. I made it boring on purpose so that people wouldn't crowd around it and just straight up watch it.

Wacky Pod Races Wacky Pod Races

Great Tribute

Very good execution of the classic Wacky Racers series and reals keeps in spririt. If not for the poor sounds I would easily get lost and forget it was a tribute all together and assume it a valid episode. BEcasue this is so well done, you should work on finding voice actors and a sound library and really sell it next time. They weren't bad, but for a project of this calibur you need better.